12.01.2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I LOVE this time of year, but it goes by so quickly. We always say, we wish we could take the Holiday Season and apply it to the rest of the year, and we make promises that we often do not keep simply beacause life. However, there is one thing that I have learned in my wise 24 years; live your life to the fullest, one day at a time. Meaning: So what if the dishes don't get done before bed, and teeth don't get brushed, spend what time you have making the best memories you can!

With that said, I am one lucky lady, and I have so much to be thankful for. I have 2 crazy little monkeys that I absolutely LOVE and ADORE! Even when they yell, spill yogurt on the carpet and hang from my closets. But especially, love when they smile at me, laugh at my singing in the car and tell me "I wuv you mommy" after family prayer at night. I love that Marcus is so concerend about his "burber". I love to catch them playing together, kissing each other, or when Marcus sneaks into the crib with him. I love the way Marcus runs, the way he smiles when I take a picture, how excited he gets when he sees a fire truck, the words he has for basketball (ba-me-mere, ba-bee-hoot, ba-be-ba-ball, etc.) and to see his face when when he learns something new.


I am thankful for my HUSBAND and all that he does for me and my family. His testimony in the Savior Jesus Christ is far more valuable than any other material riches we may obtain here in this life. He is a sturdy rock and foundation for my family on which I rely most heavily. Our nights spent laying in bed talking about life, gossiping, and flirting may not be the ideal date; but it is worth more to me than any night out at the fanciest restaurant. I LOVE that he is a great father, and my BEST friend. I am especially thankful that he can fix anything, understanding just about everything, he is creative, and knows a lot about cars!

I am thankful for my family and friends. All the LOVE & SUPPORT that they have shown me and my family over the years. Such great opportunities to learn, grow and become better people.


I am thankful for my HEALTH and my BODY. Although I often complain about my body, she has been good to me, which without I would not be able to showcase all of my talents and skills. Being able to bare children is a blessing beyond comprehension, one that I thoroughly enjoy. (remind me of this the next time I am pregnant and complaining!) I LOVE to play SPORTS and run around with my kids. I love to cook, sing, sew, listen to music, dance with Marcus until I am out of breath and just about everything else.

I am most thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ-His forgiving nature and constant understanding. I have a testimony that He lives and works in the most mysterious ways. Ways that only obedience will reap the blessings. I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost; and if we listen to his promptings we will be guided. I believe in genealogy, and that in doing it, we can better understand ourselves. I know that I am not perfect, but I can sure try my best, and when I don't succeed, He is there to help me!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment