1.26.2010

Confessions of a SHOPaholic

Marcus & Makana 2010



Up until recently I suffered from a really bad addiction. My ADDiction kept adding more stress on my family and husband, not to mention more fighting and simply more expenses. I was addicted to spending money. Don't get me wrong, I still thoroughly enjoy spending money, or shall I say buying new things. However, I have received some much needed help; an intervention if you dare.
I have tried to dissect my spending habits and have decided that there is no other answer but to blame my parents...(and myself). Don't get me wrong, I am SO grateful for all that they have given me, (and continue to give me, please don't stop because of this post ;oP) but I can honestly say I did not learn the best habits or the basics of finances. Which means, now I am subjected to learn the hard way...from Cameron!


So in my excitement and efforts to pay down our debts faster, I have changed a few things. Today I am going to talk about PERSPECTIVE!


Now that my perspective of life and finances has changed it is much easier to curb my appetite of spending? Why? Because I can see the BIG PICTURE! I know that if I am patient enough all of my debts will be paid off in a matter of a few years, therefore allowing me a much more stress-free life, but also financial freedom. Or most importantly, an opportunity to move home.

Don't get me wrong, we are not in any kind of trouble, but it would be nice to have no car payment or mortgage right? Would that not enhance your quality of life? So here it is: I got a job. This is just one way of how I am helping our cause.


From 8-3:30 ish Monday-Friday, I nanny a little girl, Makana. She is almost 2 years old and keeps Marcus company. It has taken some getting used to, (waking up by 8am!) but it is well worth it. You know, 3 kids isn't so bad....



Lohena 6 months

No comments:

Post a Comment