5.10.2010

Happy Mother's Day


"He who is our Eternal Father has blessed you with miraculous powers of mind and body. He never intended that you should be less than the crowning glory of His creations."
~Gordon B. Hinckley; One Hope: Messages for Women


I absolutely LOVE my mother. She is one my best friends, some one I can trust, count on, look for guidance, suppot and know, will always love me. She is the total embodiment of the true Aloha spirit. She gives and gives without thinking twice, putting herself last. She has a strength that is only born through discipline and earthly and spiritual experiences. She is constantly growing and sharing her experiences with her children, helping us to learn. She has a great style and fashion sense and always makes me laugh. She is a cool grandma who is game for anything. I am so thankful for her and hope she knows how much I missed her and love her on this special day.

I am so thankful that I live so close to my mother-in-law! Before I moved to Washington, I barely knew her. Today I can say, I love and respect this wonderful woman. She took us in and cared for us until we got our feet on the ground. She loves my children and is always giving to them and us. I enjoy talking with her and listening to the stories and advice she has to offer. She is always thinking of us and giving, not to mention she is a great cook. We "drop" in on her to see her a few times a week, and usually stay to eat all her food. Thank you for all that you do! We LOVE you!

Three other great and influential women in my life.
{Hannah Kamoe, my maternal g-ma, Janet Durrett, my paternal g-ma, and Margit Kobory, Cameron's maternal g-ma}

Now that I am a mother I truly understand of the unconditional LOVE I have for my children and how I would SACRIFICE anything for them. What a wonderful gift it is to be trusted with Heavenly Father's angels. It is a privilege and we must always remember that. Treat them with love and respect, nurture them and instill good values at a young age; I have had great examples! I love my children and my eternal family.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment