4.05.2010

happy EASTER...egg hunt

This week leading up to Easter Sunday was surely an ugly one. The power flickered on and off, the trees shook in the wind, and the icy rain kept us indoors for most of the days. It was especially unfortunate since this week also happened to be Spring Break.

Despite the typical Washington weather, the kids had an absolute blast hanging out. We played outside when we could, we dyed Easter eggs, we attended an Easter egg hunt in the highlands, which ended in cold, wet, kids, crying and covered in mud. Miles and Marcus have finally reached the point of playing together in another room without supervision. So needless to say, it was CRAZY but tons of FUN!

Decorating mayhem

Sissel & the kids

Liam fell in the mud!
all the eggs

Lohena
I am so thankful that we were able to watch General Conference together as a family this Easter Sunday. I have a testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and know that our Prophet Thomas S. Monson is called of God to lead us away from temptation and keep us on the strait and narrow. I am eternally grateful for my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, for through them all things are made possible. I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and for the sacrifice he made for us. I have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation and know that it is our duty as parents to rear our children in the right path that will lead them to salvation. I know that I will never truly and fully understand the amount of LOVE that the Lord and Jesus Christ demonstrated, and for that I am humbled. I cannot wait until that day when I will be able to return to Heavenly Father, with my eternal family by my side.
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home."
-Pres. David O. McKay

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete